Indonesian Pork Skewers
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tablespoons ginger preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium pineapple, halved lengthwise, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, molasses, ginger preserves and ginger in a
small mixing bowl.
- Alternately thread the pork cubes, pineapple slices and pepper strips on
12 (6-inch) metal skewers, leaving about 1/4 inch between pieces.
- Brush with the molasses mixture.
- Grill the kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot
coals about 12 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear, turning and brushing with molasses mixture after
- Heat the remaining molasses mixture and pass with the kabobs.
Yield: 6 servings