Indonesian Salad (Gado-Gado)
- Coconut-Peanut Dressing
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 ounces bean curd (tofu), drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced cooked potatoes
- 1 cup cooked cut green beans
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and slice
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ghee or peanut oil
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare Coconut-Peanut Dressing. Pour enough boiling water over bean sprouts
and cabbage to cover; let stand 2 minutes. Drain.
- Cook bean curd in oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, turning pieces gently,
until light brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain.
- Cook potatoes in same skillet until light brown; drain.
- Arrange bean sprouts, cabbage, bean curd, potatoes and
remaining ingredients on platter.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Coconut-Peanut Dressing: Place coconut in blender container; add 1 cup water.
Cover and blend on high speed about 30 seconds.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil in 2-quart saucepan about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut and remaining ingredients.
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally,
until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Philippine Recipes