(Philippine Fried Egg Rolls)
- 1/2 pound ground lean pork
- 1/2 pound shrimp, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 package lumpia wrappers or egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Combine pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, green onions, egg and soy sauce.
with salt and pepper.
- Place a level tablespoon of filling on each egg roll wrapper, fold wrapper burrito
style, tucking in the ends and seal with a few drops of water.
- Deep fry in hot oil
and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/01 5:08:59 am.