- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound cooked pork, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped shrimp
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzos (chick peas)
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup green beans, sliced thinly, French style
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add pork, shrimp, garbanzo beans and ham. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add carrots, green beans and water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and salt, stir until cabbage is done.
- When all of the vegetables are cooked, let the dish cool.
- To prepare egg roll wrappers, cook one side only on a lightly greased skillet
until wrappers are slightly brown. Cook one side only.
- To assemble, place an egg roll skin unbrowned side up on one corner facing you.
- Top with a lettuce leaf and 1/3 cup cooled vegetable mixture.
- Roll up, folding in one end of egg roll wrapper and leaving other end open.
- Serve immediately with Brown Sauce.
- Brown Sauce: In a saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in chicken broth and
soy sauce. Cook and stir until mixture bubbles.
- Lower heat and add garlic. Cook until thickened.