- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat in sugar.
- Combine flour and salt; stir into the egg mixture just until smooth (dough will
be soft). Divided into four portions.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into
1 1/2-inch strips; cut strips diagonally into three pieces. Cut a 1 1/2-inch slit
lengthwise into the center of each piece; pull one end of strip through slit to
make a loop. Cover shaped pieces while rolling out and cutting the remaining dough.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees
- Fry pastries, a few at a time, until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen pastries
Source: Taste of Home - December/January 2002 - Field Editor Carol Funk