Noodle and Cheese Casserole
(Lazanki s Tvorogom i Smetanoi — Russia)
Lokshyna, Zapechena z Syrom — Ukraine)
- 12 ounces fresh lasagna noodles
- 1 pound farmer cheese
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Cut lasagna noodles into diamond shapes, about 1 inch wide.
- Cook noodles in 3 quarts boiling water until tender, about 3 minutes; drain.
- Mix cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, salt and pepper in large bowl; gently stir
in cooked noodles.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 2-quart shallow casserole with 2 tablespoons
butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Pour noodle mixture into casserole; dot with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake uncovered until hot, 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.