Pelmeni (Russian Dumplings)
This is a traditional Russian dish that is made in many Kazakstani homes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Garlic, to taste
- To make the dough, combine the flour, eggs, water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Knead
mixture. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef, ground pork, onions, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic
together. Roll the dough into a thin layer and cut into small circles.
- Place a small
amount of meat in the center of each circle of dough. Fold the edges of the dough
over the meat to form a ravioli-shaped dumpling.
- Boil the Pelmeni in salted water for seven minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Serve them in soup plates with sour cream or in broth.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.