Russian Pot Roast
Serve with hot buttered egg noodles.
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef boneless rump roast, chuck eye roast or bottom
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dairy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook and stir potatoes and onions in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until
onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and onions with slotted spoon.
- Cook beef in remaining oil, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about
15 minutes; drain.
- Add potatoes and onions to beef in Dutch oven; sprinkle with bouillon and pepper.
- Mix sour cream, water and flour with fork until smooth; pour over potato mixture.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in dill weed and lemon juice. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about
30 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fresh dill if desired.