Russian Pot Roast
Serve with hot buttered egg noodles.
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef boneless rump roast, chuck eye roast or bottom round
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cook and stir potatoes and onions in oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until
onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and onions with slotted spoon.
- Cook beef in remaining oil, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about
15 minutes; drain.
- Add potatoes and onions to beef in Dutch oven; sprinkle with bouillon and pepper.
- Mix sour cream, water and flour with fork until smooth; pour over potato mixture.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in dill weed and lemon juice. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about
30 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fresh dill if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.