Spinach and Yogurt Salad
You can make a meal of this by serving it with wedges of pita bread.
- 2 bunches spinach, well rinsed and stemmed or 1 package pre-washed baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Steam the spinach until it is tender and bright green — about two minutes.
- Drain, cool, and squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Chop the spinach as finely as you can.
- In a large bowl, combine it with the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or more before serving.