Ukrainian Cheese Paska
This rich unbaked cheese dessert mold is traditionally served in the Eastern
Ukraine for Easter. It is molded in the shape of a pyramid representing a church
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped candied fruits (optional)
- Raisins or maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Line a colander with a clean cheesecloth.
- Beat cheese with egg yolks until just smooth.
- Cream butter, add sugar, lemon rind, vanilla extract and cream thoroughly.
- Combine with cheese mixture and add heavy cream.
- Add the optional chopped candied fruit.
- Pour mixture into the cheesecloth and set over a bowl to drip for at least 24 hours
- Discard the accumulated liquid periodically. Paska becomes firmer with time.
- Unmold and decorate with candied fruit, raisins or maraschino cherries as desired.
Serves 8 to 12.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.