Ukrainian Cherry Charlotte
The Ukrainians make a variety of cherry liqueurs. For the charlotte, they use
a sweet ratafia. If you aren't in the habit of making your own cherry liqueur,
you can use kirsch or cherry brandy.
- 1 1/2 pounds pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup
cherry liqueur or kirsch
- 1/2 pound (about 36) ladyfingers, preferably homemade
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Extra whipped cream and sugar for serving
- Put 1 pound of the pitted cherries in a bowl with half the of the sugar and 2
tablespoons cherry liqueur.
- Liquidize in the blender the remaining cherries with
a few tablespoons of water.
- Mix with the rest of the liqueur and use it to MOISTEN
- Line the bottom and sides of a springform pan with some of the moistened ladyfingers.
- Fold the remaining sugar into the whipped cream.
- Put a generous layer of cherries
over the moistened ladyfingers on the bottom and cover them with a layer of whipped
- Cover this with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Continue in this way, finishing with
a layer of ladyfingers.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Unmold and serve with more sweetened whipped cream.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 7/25/02 7:49:58 am.