Ukrainian Dried Fruit Candy
- 1 cup dried prunes, pitted
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 pound walnuts or blanched and peeled almonds (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar or 2 ounces sweet chocolate (about)
- Put all of the fruits and nuts through a food mill, using a coarse disk.
- Add the honey and mix thoroughly.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and roll the balls
in the confectioners' sugar.
- Alternatively, line a pan 7 inches square with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Pack the fruit and nut mixture firmly into the pan to a depth of about 3/4 inch.
- Melt the chocolate over warm water, and cover the mixture with the melted chocolate.
Let it harden, then cut the candy into 1-inch squares.
Yield: about 1 pound
Posted at Recipe Goldmine by Olga 7:31:13am 10/16/03.
Source: Traditional Ukrainian Cookery - Savella Stechishin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.