Ukrainian Snow Cap Cookies
It is always a pleasure to serve these regal-looking cookies with a baked-on
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon rich milk or cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- Sift the flour with the dry ingredients.
- Cream the butter; add the egg yolks, one at a time, and continue creaming.
- Stir in the milk or cream.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly. The dough should be light.
- Chill for easier handling.
- Roll thin and cut into small rounds.
- Prepare the topping by beating the egg whites until stiff; add the sugar gradually,
- Fold in the walnuts and coconut.
- Place the rounds on a greased baking sheet and top each with the meringue.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for about 12 minutes, or until delicately browned.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 2/13/2002 7:16 pm.
Source: Traditional Ukrainian Cookery
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.