Uncle Bill's Lapshevnik
(Russian Noodle Casserole)
This is a Russian dish that was developed many years ago during the times when
money was very scarce. I modified this recipe almost 50 years ago and it is a very
easy to make and tasty dish.
- 5 packages ramen noodles (do not use the spices)
- 3 cups water, for cooking
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a large saucepan, add noodles and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook
for about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8-inch square oven-proof casserole dish
by rubbing inside with vegetable oil or margarine.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, whipping cream, baking powder, salt and
- Add noodles and stir to mix well.
- Pour noodle mixture into prepared casserole
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden
- Serve with melted butter or margarine.
You can eat the Lapshevnik cold as it is good as a quick snack.
Posted at Recipe Goldmine by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin.