Uncle Bill's Lapshevnik
(Russian Noodle Casserole)
This is a Russian dish that was developed many years ago during the times when
money was very scarce. I modified this recipe almost 50 years ago and it is a very
easy to make and tasty dish.
- 5 packages ramen noodles (do not use the spices)
- 3 cups water, for cooking noodles
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a large saucepan, add noodles and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook
for about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8-inch square oven-proof casserole dish
by rubbing inside with vegetable oil or margarine.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, whipping cream, baking powder, salt and
- Add noodles and stir to mix well.
- Pour noodle mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden
- Serve with melted butter or margarine.
You can eat the Lapshevnik cold as it is good as a quick snack.
Posted at Recipe Goldmine by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.