- 6 beets (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 3 dill pickles (or one 8 inch cucumber)
- 1 medium onion or 6 scallions
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- Scrub beets, potatoes and carrots and boil together. Check after 15 minutes and
remove potatoes and carrots as they finished, letting beets continue cooking until
- Cool and peel.
- Cut beets, carrots and potatoes into serving size and combine
in mixing bowl.
- Chop onion and pickles and add.
- Combine lemon juice and oil with dill, add salt and pepper (adjust amounts to
- Pour over salad vegetables and stir (everything will turn various tones
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Serves 10 to 12.