Avocado Cream Soup
(Sopa de Aguacate)
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken stock, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup pale dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon round white pepper
- 3 corn tortillas, quartered and fried until crisp
- Puree the diced avocados in 3 batches, combining 1/3 of the dice and 1/2
cup of cream at a time in a blender container and blending at high speed for
- In a 3-quart non-reactive saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over high
heat, reduce the heat to low, and when the stock is simmering, stir in the avocado
puree. Add the sherry, salt and pepper, and taste for seasoning.
- To serve the soup hot, pour it into a tureen and strew the top with tortilla
quarters or avocado slices. Or refrigerate and serve it cold.