Avocado Cream Soup
(Sopa de Aguacate)
- 3 large ripe avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken stock, fresh or canned
- 1/4 cup pale dry sherry (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon round white pepper
- 3 corn tortillas, quartered and fried until crisp
- Puree the diced avocados in 3 batches, combining 1/3 of the dice and 1/2
cup of cream at a time in a blender container and blending at high speed for
- In a 3-quart non-reactive saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over high
heat, reduce the heat to low, and when the stock is simmering, stir in the avocado
puree. Add the sherry, salt and pepper, and taste for seasoning.
- To serve the soup hot, pour it into a tureen and strew the top with tortilla
quarters or avocado slices. Or refrigerate and serve it cold.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.