(Pao de Banano — Guatemala)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients; beat 30 seconds. Pour into pan. Bake until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean, 70 to 80 minutes.
- Cool slightly. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely
- To store, wrap and refrigerate no longer than 1 week.