Brazilian lemons look and taste more like common limes, so this lemonade recipe
does not call for lemons. The touch of sweetened condensed milk gives this drink
a rich, subtle creaminess while the blender creates a frothy finish.
This refreshing cooler, ideal on a hot summer day, is best served immediately
as it becomes bitter tasting when made ahead of time.
- 4 fresh limes, washed thoroughly
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup NESTLE CARNATION Sweetened CondensedMilk, divided
- 14 ice cubes (1 tray), divided, plus more for serving
- Cut off ends of each lime and cut each into 8 wedges. Place 16 wedges, 3
cups water, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 7 ice cubes in blender. Cover; blend for 20 seconds.
(Blending longer will cause drink to become bitter.)
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into pitcher to remove rinds.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Best served immediately over ice cubes or crushed ice.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Society des Produits Nestle S.A., Vevey, Switzerland