Caramel Flan Brasileiro
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can milk
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Several heaping tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a blender. Fill the empty can with milk
and add that to the blender. Add egg and vanilla extract. Blend until well mixed.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar in a pan, rotating the pan occasionally to avoid burning
the sugar. When the sugar is a golden caramel color, pour it into a metal ring
- Pour in the mixture from the blender, and bake at about 300 to 350 degrees
F with the ring mold pan in a larger pan of water so that the water comes up
about halfway on the outside of the ring mold.
- Bake until the top of the flan starts to turn golden and a knife inserted
into the flan comes out clean...a little over an hour.