Carne en Adobo (Beef in Tomato
and Pepper Sauce - Guatemala)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 pounds lean boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounces canned tomatillos
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 stale flour tortillas
- Heat oil in saucepan and sauté onion, garlic and pepper until onion is soft.
- Add meat and everything else except tortillas. Add more stock if needed
so liquid barely covers meat. Cover, simmer gently 2 hours until beef is tender.
- Soak tortillas in water, squeeze them out and crumble. Add to casserole
and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens.
- Serve with Arroz Guatemalteco.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.