Cerdo con Frutas
(Pork Chops with Fruit)
- 6 (1 1/2 inch thick) pork loin chops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium-high heat
and quickly brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops to a deep casserole with a lid.
- Mix together all other ingredients and add to casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, until pork is tender.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pork Board