Chorizo-Stuffed Beef Roast (Bola)
- 1 (3 pound) beef boneless eye of round roastor rolled rump roast
- 1/2 pound bulk chorizo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cut a narrow (1-inch) X shape all the way through the center of the beef
roast with long, thin sharp knife. Fill X cuts with sausage. Heat oil in Dutch
oven until hot. Cook beef over medium heat until brown on all sides, about 15
minutes; drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer
until beef is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove bay leaves. Slice beef; arrange on platter. Skim fat from sauce.
Pour some of the sauce over beef.
- Serve beef with remaining sauce and hot cooked black beans or rice, if desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.