(Biscoitos de Maizena - Brazil)
- 2 cups cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutions)
- 2 ounces coconut, freshly grated (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift cornstarch, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and blend in the butter, incorporating the coconut
as well, if desired. Knead well. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare traditionally-shaped Biscoitos de Maizeana, roll about a 1-inch
ball in the palms of your freshly cleaned hands and drop each cookie onto the
prepared cookie sheet. Using the times of a fork, gently press the cookie flat
with a crisscross pattern. You may also use a cookie press to drop cookies onto
the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on cookie size.
- Let cool and serve with a steaming cup of coffee.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.