Costa Rican Marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped, or1 tablespoon
fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in shallow non-metal dish or resealable plastic bag.
Add up to 3 pounds chicken, pork or beef, turning to coat with marinade. Cover
dish or seal bag and refrigerate, turning meat occasionally, at least 8 hours
but no longer than 24 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill meat as desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Per Serving: 15 Calories; 1g Fat (60.7% calories from fat); trace Protein;2g
Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium
Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat