Fish Baked In Creamy Milk Sauce
with Onions and Herbs
Tender fish fillets seasoned with herbs are topped with sautéed onions and baked
in a light, velvety creamy milk sauce in this classic dish from Colombia's Pacific
coast. Thyme, basil and anise give the sauce excellent flavor and will be a recipe
you'll want to try again and again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 pound white fish of choice, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds, crushed
- 2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender and golden brown. Remove
from skillet; set aside.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add remaining oil to same skillet and
cook fish until browned on both sides. Remove from heat.
- Place fish in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme, basil and anise.
Top with reserved onion rings.
- Combine milk and water in small glass measure; pour over fish.
- If desired, season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 20 min | Servings: 4
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Nestlé® and meals.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.