Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
The Argentine gauchos grill meats marinated in a chimichurri sauce.
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) beef flank steak
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cut diamond pattern 1/8 inch deep into both sides of beef. Place beef in
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered jar.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce over beef. Cover remaining sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate beef, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Remove beef from sauce.
- Grill beef 4 or 5 inches from medium coals, turning and brushing with sauce
once, until desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium.
- Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
Yield: 4 to 5 servings