Ba Mee Nam
(Egg Noodles and Pork Soup - Thailand)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8 ounces fresh egg noodles (ba mee)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons ground pork
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices pork, cooked, 1 1/2 x 3 inches
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, roasted and crushed
1 tablespoon dried red chile flakes
- Blanch the bean sprouts for a minute, then set them aside to drain.
- Boil the noodles in plenty of water for five minutes, then drain them.
- Next, cook the ground pork in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to
- Add chicken stock, dried shrimp and fish sauce, stir, and bring the mixture
- Meanwhile, chop the garlic and fry it in a tablespoon of vegetable oil until
it is crisp.
- Place the blanched bean sprouts in the bottom of a large serving bowl.
- Top with the cooked noodles.
- Pour the fried garlic and its oil over top of the noodles.
- When the chicken stock mixture boils, tear the lettuce leaves into strips, add
them to the stock, immediately remove the stock mixture from the stove, and pour
it over the noodles and bean sprouts.
- Garnish with pork slices, green onions and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle in the sugar, peanuts and chile flakes and serve immediately.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes