Big Four Paste
Big Four Paste, which can be made ahead and refrigerated for a month, is extremely
versatile. For grilling: Coat one pound meat, fish, or shellfish with the juice
of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon olive oil; rub generously with 1 teaspoon Big Four Paste.
Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Grill.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons Thai white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 to 15 cloves garlic, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup minced cilantro stems and roots
- To prepare with a food processor: Heat a 7-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the coriander seeds and dry-roast, sliding the skillet back and forth over the
burner, until seeds are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the seeds to a small bowl to cool and repeat with the peppercorns.
- When cool, grind the coriander seeds
and peppercorns separately in an electric spice or coffee grinder and transfer to
- Fit the food processor with a steel blade.
- Add the sea salt, garlic, and cilantro
roots and stems and pulse until finely minced, scraping down the side of the bowl
- Add the ground spices and process to a paste.
- Transfer to a jar, seal, and refrigerate.
Makes 3/4 cup.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 5/14/02 6:34:57 pm.
Source: (Glurh, Ka-Tiem, Prikk Thai, Rugg Pakk Chee) Courtesy of Su-Mei Yu's
Cracking the Coconut
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes