Chicken Fried Rice, Thai Style
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- Add rice to large pan of boiling water, boil, uncovered for about 12 minutes
or until just tender, drain.
- Rinse rice under cold water; drain well.
- Spread rice over tray, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in wok, add onion, cook, stirring
until soft. stir in garlic and pepper, stir fry until pepper is soft.
- Add rice and chicken, stir fry until heated through.
- Stir in eggs quickly, stir fry until cooked; stir in sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander and shallots.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.