Chile Chicken with Basil and Coconut Cream
This is one of my favorites! Easy and great for dinner parties. Always a hit!
- 500g (2 pounds) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped small fresh red chiles
- 1 cup shredded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Remove excess fat from chicken, cut chicken into 1cm (half inch) strips.
- Heat oil in wok, add onions and chiles, stir fry until onion is soft.
- Add chicken, stir fry until chicken is tender. Add basil, sauce, coriander and
sugar, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add coconut cream, stir mixture until heated through.
Best made before serving. Freeze: Not suitable.
I serve this dish with fluffy Basmati rice and a light lettuce salad.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.