Green Papaya Salad (Thailand)
- 1 cup green cabbage, cubed
- 2 cups green papaya, grated
- 1/2 pound string
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 dried red chiles, chopped
tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 tablespoons peanuts, roasted and crushed
- 4 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place green cabbage pieces on a large serving platter and arrange in layers the
papaya and beans.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, chilies, sugar, soy sauce and lime
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with the tomatoes,
peanuts and cilantro.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.