Grilled Prawns (Vietnam)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp or king prawns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground
- Juice of 2 limes
1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Mix the onion and garlic with peanut oil.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat. Leave
to marinate for at least three hours or overnight.
- Grill the prawns or broil them for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Whisk together
the remaining ingredients to make the sauce and pour it into a small sauce bowl,
placed at the center of the platter of prawns.