Nam Jim Wan
(Sweet Dipping Sauce – Thai)
This is a simple dipping sauce usually used with deep fried items such as spring
rolls and stuffed chicken wings.
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vinegar (preferably rice vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons Chinese pickled plums
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced prik ki nu daeng (red birdseye chiles)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned or grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil the water, and add the pickled plums (sometimes sold as 'salted plums'),
and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove the plums to a food processor and puree them.
- Continue to boil the water, adding and dissolving the sugar, then adding the
vinegar and salt. If any sugar is still undissolved, add a little more water until
- Return the plums to the mixture, and then pour over the other ingredients in
a sterilized preserving jar, and keep in a cool place for at least a week before
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 4:51 pm.
Special thanks to Muoi Khuntilanont.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes