(Thai-Style Noodles, Sprouts and Eggs)
A classic Thai dish. Add tofu or extra vegetables for a filling meatless meal.
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (3 ounces)
- 1 jar OR can (7 to 8-3/4 ounces) whole baby
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup
fresh straw mushrooms (2 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces
uncooked rice noodles OR vermicelli pasta, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup bottled
Pad Thai sauce
- Combine bean sprouts, baby corn, green onions and peanuts in medium bowl; toss.
- Coat large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until
hot. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs and garlic powder in small bowl until blended; pour over mushrooms.
Cook, stirring to break up eggs, until eggs are still moist but no visible liquid
- Add noodles, sauce and bean sprout mixture. Cook, tossing gently with 2 spoons,
until heated through.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 4 servings
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 362 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated
fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated fat: 3 g Monounsaturated fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 195 mg Sodium:
622 mg Carbohydrates: 53 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Protein: 14 g
Vitamin A: 1275.5 IU Vitamin D: 41 IU Folate: 75.2 mcg Calcium: 54 mg Iron:
2.5 mg Choline: 146.1 mg
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.