(Thai-Style Noodles, Sprouts and Eggs)
Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish. Add tofu or extra vegetables for a filling meatless meal.
- 1 cup (3 ounces) fresh bean sprouts
- 1 (7 to 8 3/4 ounce) jar or can whole baby corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) fresh straw mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles or vermicelli pasta, cooked, drained
- 1/2 cup bottled Pad Thai sauce
- Combine bean sprouts, baby corn, green onions and peanuts in medium bowl; toss.
- Coat large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat eggs and garlic powder in small bowl until blended; pour over mushrooms. Cook, stirring to break up eggs, until eggs are still moist but no visible liquid egg remains.
- Add noodles, sauce and bean sprout mixture. Cook, tossing gently with 2 spoons, until heated through.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 10 min | Servings: 4
Per serving: Calories: 362 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated fat: 3 g Monounsaturated fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 195 mg Sodium: 622 mg Carbohydrates: 53 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Protein: 14 g
Vitamin A: 1275.5 IU Vitamin D: 41 IU Folate: 75.2 mcg Calcium: 54 mg Iron: 2.5 mg Choline: 146.1 mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board