Pickled Bean Sprouts (Vietnamese)
- 1 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot chile sauce with garlic
- Combine the bean sprouts and scallions in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine salt, vinegar, garlic and sugar.
- Add 4 cups water and
stir to combine. Place over high heat and bring just to a boil.
- Remove from heat
and let cool until warm to the touch.
- Add chile sauce and stir. Pour over bean sprout
- Let stand for 1 hour or refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain before serving.
Yields about 2 cups
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.