Poached Fish Fillet in Coconut Curry
Sauce over Rice Noodles (Thailand)
- 1 (14 ounce/400ml) can A Taste of Thai Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) A Taste of Thai Red Curry Base
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) A Taste of Thai Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) dark brown sugar 15ml
- 1 1/2 pounds (675g) salmon fillet
- 1 packet (450g) A Taste of Thai Rice Noodles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 1 cup (250ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lime wedges, for accompaniment
- In a large skillet, combine coconut milk, Red Curry Base, shallots, garlic, seasoning
aauce and brown sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until
the Red Curry Base is completely dissolved and the sauce is smooth.
- Add salmon fillet.
- Spoon curry sauce over top.
- Cover pan. Gently poach for 8 - 16 minutes (the cooking
time will vary according to the thickness of the fish). The fillet will flake easily
with a fork when cooked through.
- Prepare Rice Noodles according to package directions for pasta.
- Pour Rice Noodles
onto one half of a serving platter.
- Place fish on the other half.
- Garnish with basil
leaves and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Spoon the curry sauce over the Rice Noodles.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Cod may used in place of salmon.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.