Special Thai Chicken with Chiles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 fresh red chiles, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 500g (1 pound) chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (available from Asian food shops, alternatively
use 2 tablespoon soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown
sugar (or jaggary if available)
- 1/2 cup straw mushrooms (or tinned mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots (strips)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 6 bunches
- Heat oil in wok, add chiles and garlic and fry until crisp and golden.
onto paper towels (but leave oil in the wok).
- Fry chicken and onion in oil until
chicken is cooked.
- Add lime juice and vegetables.
- Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.