Spicy Grilled Thai Chicken
- 3/4 cup canned cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 stems fresh coriander
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 3 large shallots
- 3 anchovy filets
- 1 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 2 whole boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut in half (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- In blender or food processor, combine cream of coconut, lime juice, soy sauce,
coriander, garlic, shallots, anchovies and pepper sauce; process until smooth.
- Arrange chicken pieces in a shallow dish or plastic bag.
- Pour coconut marinade over chicken.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour or cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Arrange chicken pieces on grill about 5 inches from coals.
- Brush generously with marinade; grill 5 minutes.
- Turn, brush generously with marinade; grill 5 minutes longer or until chicken is
- Heat remaining marinade; serve as dipping sauce for chicken.