Spicy Thai Slaw
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 serrano chiles
- 1 small Savoy cabbage, shredded (about
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons
light sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- Peel cucumber and cut in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Coarsely
chop cucumber; set aside.
- Rinse chiles; remove and discard stem ends. Cut chiles in half lengthwise; remove
and discard seeds. Chop chiles.
- Combine cucumber, chiles, cabbage, green onions,
peanuts and garlic in a bowl; toss well.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients; stir with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Source: Delicious Decisions by The Junior League of San Diego, CA