Thai Chicken with Basil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted, roasted peanuts
- Cut each breast half into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in work or 12-inch skillet until
hot. Cook and stir garlic and peppers over medium-high heat until garlic is golden
- Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is done, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in fish sauce and sugar.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Yield: 4 servings