Thai Chicken Breasts
- 4 (5 ounce) chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- In a lidded container, combine all ingredients and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from container and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes on one side then turn
- Add marinade to skillet, reduce heat, cover and braise chicken until done
and the sauce has reduced to half, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over basmati rice, garnished with whole peanuts and chopped green onion.
Yields 4 servings.
Because you are adding the marinade to partially cooked chicken, you must
be sure the sauce gets fully cooked, reaching a temperature of 160 degrees F for
at least 3 minutes.