Thai Chicken with Cashews
- 1 whole chicken, uncooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- Minced garlic
- Grated fresh ginger
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- Broccoli florets
- Grated carrots
- Sauté uncooked chicken in oil, adding minced garlic and grated fresh ginger.
- When chicken is opaque and nearly cooked add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots,
onions, chicken bouillon and cornstarch slurry..
- Add broccoli florets and grated carrots. Cook until all is warm and cooked.
- Serve with a generous amount of sauce. If the sauce has cooked down, add
more water and spices to your taste.
- Serve over thin noodles or rice.
- Pass the cashews so that each person can sprinkle on as many as they desire.