Thai Chicken Curry 2
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed and washed, but not dried
- 1 (13.5 ounce)
can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon
grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 to 2
tablespoons bottled fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Place spinach in large skillet; cover. Steam over medium-high heat until spinach
just wilts, 3 minutes.
- Drain in colander; run under cold water to chill.
- Squeeze spinach dry.
- Puree 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, shallots, ginger, paprika,
garlic, rinds and pepper flakes in blender.
- Place coconut milk mixture in skillet over medium-high heat; cook until mixture
thickens and turns brighter red, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, remaining coconut
milk and fish sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, until
chicken is cooked through,8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and basil; heat through.
- Add salt and serve.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.