Thai Chili-Garlic Basic Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 to 6 Thai finger peppers
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons soya bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pound pepper and garlic in a mortar.
- Heat oil in a wok. Stir-fry pepper and garlic mixture, until it starts to cook.
- Add fish sauce, soya bean sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, and water.
Continue to stir-fry until it comes to a boil.
- Add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Add sweet basil leaves.
- Serve on top of crispy fish, cooked steak, or add to your favorite meat or vegetables,
and eat with cooked jasmine rice.
Makes approximately 4 cups sauce
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 8/27/2001 7:58 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes