Thai Fruit Salad
- 3 cups chunked honeydew melon
- 3 cups chunked watermelon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel (green part only)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 firm small bananas, peeled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Combine honeydew and watermelon in a shallow casserole dish.
- Combine lime juice, brown sugar, cilantro, lime peel and salt. Pour over fruit.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Slice bananas; toss with fruit mixture.
- Serve fruit topped with peanuts, if desired.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit