Thai Iced Tea 3
Thai iced tea is one of the first things people fall in love with when dining
at a typical Thai restaurant. It is a native-grown red-leafed tea which is spiced
with star anise seed. It is usually brewed strong and then blended with a rich swirl
of evaporated milk. Delicious!
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup Thai tea (cha Thai)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the tea and remove the pan
from heat. Stir to submerge all the tea leaves in the water. Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the brew through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar to the hot tea and stir to dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature.
and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: Fill tall glasses with crushed ice. Add enough of the tea to fill the
glasses to within 1 inch from the top.
- Float 3 to 4 tablespoons of evaporated
milk over the ice in each glass.