- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
(about 2 limes)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded and chopped jalapeno chiles*
- 3 large
garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Large whole leaves of iceberg lettuce
- Sliced cucumbers,
chopped cilantro and lime wedges (garnish)
- Hot rice (optional)
- In large bowl, combine chicken, cilantro, lime juice, chiles, garlic, green onions
and fish sauce.
- Bring broth to simmer in wok or large frying pan.
- Add chicken mixture
and stir, breaking up mixture, until cooked through but not brown, and broth has
- Spoon off any fat that may have melted out.
- Add salt to taste.
or serve at room temperature on lettuce leaves.
- Add garnishes.
- Serve with hot rice.
Yields 4 main course or 6 appetizer servings.
* Wear gloves when handling fresh, canned, dried or pickled chiles; the oils
can cause a burning sensation on your skin.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.