Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
For the dressing
- 8 to 12 ounces Florida orange juice
tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- 3 ounces rice vinegar or Chinese
- 3 ounces sesame oil, toasted
For the salad
- 1 pound cellophane noodles, softened in Florida
orange juice and drained
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 2 hothouse
or English cucumbers, cut into julienne strips
- 1 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 to 4 red bell peppers, cut into julienne strips
- 3 pounds chicken strips, cooked
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Dressing: Combine 8 ounces orange juice and remaining ingredients in food processor
and purée until smooth.
- Add additional orange juice if desired to adjust consistency.
- Salad: Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add peanut
dressing and toss gently until salad is coated with dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus.