Thai Pork and Pineapple (Ma Ho)
"Ma Ho" means "galloping horses."
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 small pineapple, pared, cored and cut into slices
- Snipped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in wok or 10-inch skillet until hot.
- Stir-fry garlic until light brown.
- Add pork; stir-fry until brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Spoon off fat.
- Add peppers, sugar and fish sauce; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add peanuts and 2 tablespoons cilantro; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Spoon pork mixture onto pineapple slices.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Yields 4 servings.