Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste, or more to taste
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Couple pinches sugar
- Wash breasts in cold water and pat dry. If desired, trim fat and tendon strings
from breasts. Using kitchen shears, trim breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet with tight fitting lid over medium-high heat,
add olive oil and sear chicken in batches, turning until nicely browned all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium and add curry paste and coconut milk to pan. Stir well,
ensuring that chicken bits from bottom of pan are stirred into mix. Cover and simmer
about 20 minutes. Check curry for desired consistency and simmer few minutes more,
ensuring that coconut milk does not cook away.
- Remove chicken from heat, cool for 1 or 2 minutes and mix in sugar.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings.